Lock not working in IE

Sep 29, 2010 at 1:38 AM

Hi AutoSponge,

I originally tested everything in FF and Chrome without incident. However UAT is now saying that the Lock function is not working in Internet Explorer.

I can confirm that it is possible to modify the fields and post the modified value. They do not revert when losing focus. :(

Can this just be our environment? Have tried on IE7 and IE8 now with no success.

Regards,

Paul

Sep 29, 2010 at 3:40 AM

OK quick update.

No idea what's going on here but this problem is sporadic.

Could it be that a user could affect changes to a field and submit the form before the script finishes loading??

Mar 27, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Panoone,

I know this is an old thread.  I am encountering the same issue.  Only in IE.  Did you ever discover the root cause?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

Mar 28, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Hi Geoff, can't recall but I do know it's working now. :)

From memory it might have been a jQuery conflict. Sorry I can't be more help.

Mar 28, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Just to confirm, I have the following code, which enables lock globally be default.

<script type="text/javascript" src="/_layouts/jQuery/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/_layouts/SPFF/spff.js"></script>
<!-- Call the SPFF function. -->
<script type="text/javascript">
    $(function(){
        $.spff({lock:true});
    });
</script><script type="text/javascript">

And then my link URLs append the fields like so:

mypage.aspx?field1=Hello&field2=World

Mar 28, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Upon further investigation,

It does seem to work correctly with the exception on IE and only when the lookup is >20.  The field does revert on the change event if one of the other fields that is locked is updated, then all fields are reverted to the passthru value.  It seems to be related to the way IE displays lookup values in SP for greater than 20 items so it does not trigger the change binding.

Any suggestions?