WSS 3.0 support

Jun 2, 2009 at 2:06 PM
Edited Jun 3, 2009 at 5:01 AM

Cool solution!

But what about WSS version? You mentioned only MOSS 2007. I tried it on WSS and it's works, but with some limitations: People Picker does not accept any value in localized version.

It must be changed regarding the text seen in source page.

Coordinator
Jun 2, 2009 at 2:21 PM

Actually, all of my testing was done with WSS 3.0.  Please provide some more information about your People Picker issue, did you use the displayed name in the URL?

Jun 2, 2009 at 2:33 PM

I found problem source :) People Picker this text apear only in EN version, I use localized version LT, there text must be set to Žmonių Išrinkiklis.

Thanks for great idea...

Coordinator
Jun 2, 2009 at 4:41 PM

I tested and I can get the text to appear in the control in FF and IE no problem.  However, since I don't have a user with that name, I can't validate the form.

Try using JavaScript escapes that are URL-encoded, like this:  %C5%BDmoni%C5%B3%20I%C5%A1rinkiklis

I use this site to help: http://rishida.net/scripts/uniview/conversion.php

Jun 3, 2009 at 5:10 AM

HI, the problem was not in URL, but in javascript how it's recognized field type . I changed  field title and its works. :) EN -English version of WSS . LT- with Lithuanian language pack.

p1 = $(elm).find("textarea[title='Žmonių išrinkiklis']"),
                    p2 = $(elm).find("div[title='Žmonių išrinkiklis']"),

Coordinator
Jun 3, 2009 at 2:51 PM

Thanks for testing this in a multi-language setting.  I'll add this to the docs.