Object Expected

Jan 14, 2010 at 12:10 PM
Edited Jan 14, 2010 at 12:11 PM

Hi,

I am using SPFF for one of my sharepoint application to prepopulate date/time field. it'w working fine for a sharepoint farm admin account/site collection admin. but if I run it under a normal user account, it gives me

"Object Expected"

Line: 236
Char:25

Line 236 in spff.js is

ShowDropdown(f[0].id);

I have tried everything I can think of. moved the spff.js to various locations, even in one of my web app where I impersonate the whole app using web.config file as sharepoint farm admin account etc. but I am still getting this same error. I  have exhausted all the options, If you have any idea please do let me know.

Thanks a ton.

Nilesh

Coordinator
Jan 14, 2010 at 1:51 PM

Nilesh,

Here are some things to try:  if you have access to the server file structure, place the .js file in the TEMPLATE\IMAGES folder.  Everyone has read access to this folder.  Check your jQuery version.  The last version I tested with was 1.3.1.  ShowDropdown is a core WSS function.  It's on line 2345 of Core.js.  Make sure you have not overwritten that function or change the permissions on any of the core files.  It does not take an Object, it expects a text field id (unless someone overwrote it with another function).  Here's the original:

function ShowDropdown(textboxId)
{
 var ctrl=document.getElementById(textboxId);
 var str=ctrl.value;
 var opt=EnsureSelectElement(ctrl, ctrl.opt);
 ctrl.match=FilterChoice(opt, ctrl, "", ctrl.value);
 ctrl.focus();
} 
Jan 21, 2010 at 10:14 AM

Hi [AutoSponge],

Well, what do you know, placing the spff.js in IMAGES folder did work!!

Thanks for that.

Regards,

Nilesh